Warm Springs/East End Neighborhood
Have updates for this building? Contact Us!
This 1912 duplex was the first duplex built in the East End and the first structure built on this block of E. Bannock. It was built for Louis and Hermina Feldman, a Hungarian furniture dealer in a curious mix of styles including the Craftsman entry way and shingles and the Queen Anne-esqe bay corner. Over all, its asymmetrical design makes it more of the former than the latter. The building features geothermal heating as many do in the East End. It was placed on the National Historical Register in 1983 and is located in the Warm Springs Historical District, one of only two houses off Warm Springs. The duplex is almost just as it was when it was built with only one major alteration. It was originally built with a flat roof, but now features a pitched roof with dormers. The building contains many materials including Boise Sand Stone on the window sills on the right side, wood shingles, and brick. It was built for $4000 and is currently 2600 sq feet.
Building submitted by